- How do I lengthen the service life of a car battery in Doha?
There are six major keys that work:
- Periodically fully recharge car batteries to desulfate them
- Prevent or reduce the discharge/charge cycles
- During extreme temperatures, always keep the batteries cool
- Keep the plates covered by adding distilled water to wet batteries
- Reduce battery stress by avoiding full charge and discharge
- Reduce the number of discharge-charge cycles
- How long will my car battery in Doha last?
Usually, lead-acid batteries have a life span of 42 months on average. But it will vary based on how it has been used. The longevity of a car battery in Doha may be reduced or extended based on factors such as:
- If the climate is extreme to affect the battery output
- If the battery is well-maintained
- The duration of the journey and how often the vehicle is used
- The usual battery voltage that the vehicle is kept at. Ideally, 12.7 volts is a good range for a healthy car battery.
- Whether the car battery has a parasitic drain which is low or high
- How do I maximize the lifespan of the car battery in Doha?
For greater longevity and maintenance-free battery, check for the following:
- Charge the batteries every six months using an appropriate charger to improve performance
- Check the voltage using a voltmeter. The full state-of-charge is the battery that reads 12.8V is the ideal one.
- Make sure to remove spark battery plugs and there’s enough electrolyte covering the battery plates
- Recharge immediately if your battery is below 12.5 volts using a smart battery charger
- Keep a check on the water levels before charging. Add enough distilled water if required.
- Prevent corrosion by keeping battery clean
- Will driving for a longer time recharge my flat battery and solve the car starter problem in Doha?
Long driving will not provide enough charge to a flat battery. The usual battery charging system supports a slightly elevated voltage to maintain a surface charge, but cannot bring a dead flat battery back to life. For recovery recharge, use a multi-stage battery charger with a high amp rating selected at 10% of the battery ah rating.
For example, in the case of AGM battery such as XS Power D6500 has an Ah rating of 75. 10% of 75 =7.5 amps use 7amp AGM compatible chargers.
- While driving in Qatar, my car is making a clicking sound every time I start my engine. Does it need to be replaced or changed?
Certainly, your car needs a car battery replacement in Qatar if-
- There’s a rapid clicking noise coming from the starter motor or,
- No sound when you’re trying to start the engine which indicates a loose or low battery
It’s a telltale sign that your car needs a new battery.
- My car battery type is a maintenance-free battery. Do I still need to do battery servicing?
It’s true that a maintenance-free battery doesn’t require to be topped up using distilled water or hassle-free battery life without needing to check for electrolyte levels. But that doesn’t mean you should adopt a “happy to forget” mentality. Having your battery load tested regularly through regular servicing will not only extend battery life, but also prevent car battery replacement in Qatar often.
- My car won’t start. I suspect that my car battery is old or faulty. If I need a car battery replacement in Qatar, how soon can you get me moving?
We provide immediate car battery replacement Doha, wherever you are, and at any time of the day. For any roadside assistance in Qatar, our technicians will reach out to you on the spot as soon as possible to ensure seamless car battery replacement with maintenance-free batteries that fit your car’s optimum needs.
- Do you provide a car battery warranty?
Yes, we provide a warranty for car battery in Doha for all the battery replacements done by Batteryfly.
- My car battery goes flat over time. What is causing such a car starter problem in Doha?
If you have not used your car for long, your car batteries can go flat over time. This can cause car battery problem in Doha. If power continues to drain from batteries even when your car is parked and the engine is off, this means the parasitic draw is causing a slow battery drain from your lead-acid batteries. For rarely driven vehicles, use a trickle battery charger/maintainer to prevent overcharging, self-discharging, or going flat.
- What do I do if I have a flat car battery in Doha?
If you have encountered batteries going flat, the common reasons are:
- Lack of sufficient battery charging to fully recharge the battery
- A fault in the battery charging system
- Human error that might include leaving the interior lights and headlights on
- Parasitic drain caused by short circuit of electrical devices such as alarm systems, dash cams, or electronic rust prevention system, if the battery is kept in “on” position for long
- The vehicle is rarely driven causing the lead-acid battery to lose power over time
- Old car battery in Doha beyond 42 months of age if consistently doesn’t start means it has reached the end of life
If your car breakdown is due to a battery-related issue, consider car battery replacement in Qatar. Our battery replacement experts will have you on the move in no time at all.